Moving & Handling
Being able to assist an elderly person to move in a manner that is safe both for the person being moved, but also the person who is assisting is vitally important.
We run regular workshops on safe Moving and Handling techniques across all of our offices and we would be delighted if you would join us to learn more.
This workshop is made up of theory as well as practical work. The theory element of the workshop provides a good basis for understanding how to keep ourselves and our loved ones/clients safe when we support them to move.
You will learn about:
- The Legal aspect – what legislation exists and how does it affect me?
- The causes and effects of musculoskeletal injuries
- How to prevent musculoskeletal injuries (at home and work!)
- Understand how to assess risk
During the practical part of the training you will have a chance to practice some safe moves including:
- Supporting someone while they walk
- Helping someone get up from a chair
- Supporting someone to sit down
- Tips on using a wheelchair safely
The workshop is free, lasts 6 hours and lunch and refreshments are provided!